Tony Morgan’s Trends in Growing Churches Tony is the Chief Strategic Officer and founder of The Unstuck Group. He’s a consultant, leadership coach and writer who helps churches get unstuck and have a bigger impact.
I found a post of his that pointed out 36 trends of growing churches. Here are some of my favorites:
- Priority in pointing people to a relationship with Jesus
- Intentional strategy to reach people outside the faith
- Path for new believers to take their first steps
(In general there is a lot of planning, and thinking ahead. There is a focus on sharing the vision of the church. If everyone knows where they are going, they are more than likely to move forward with you).
- Bible-centered teaching that addresses real life topics
- Missions and evangelism aren’t programs–it’s a lifestyle
You can read the full list here (and check out his blog – its awesome)